Saturday, March 15, 2008

Go Retrievers!

I don't know about you, but I've got march madness! For the first time, my alma mater, UMBC win be in the tournament!!!



I remember being a high school senior and attending a recruiting event. UMBC President, Dr. Freeman Hrabowski, laughed as he mentioned that "We're not exactly know for our basketball team" before moving on to promote the chess team and several scholastic achievements of the university. I remember being a junior at the university and walking through our bookstore displaying T-shirts reading, "UMBC Football: Undefeated", mocking our absence from the gridiron. I remember that every winter, there will be a day when ESPN will have on its men's basketball ticker, "UMBC 60, Maryland 90" with no highlights. But this year it'll all be different. Here's hoping for an upset in the first round.